The outer layer of the paddy grain is named rice husk. It’s separated from the rice in rice mill.
Properties of rice husk :
2) Its extremely immune to wet penetration and plant life decomposition.
1) Rice husk is tough to ignite.
3) Rice husk has high silicon oxide content.
4) Rice husk has low bulk density.
5) Rice husk has high average hot price.
Uses of rice husk :
1) Rice husk is employed as insulant.
2) it’s used as renewable energy supply.
3) it’s used for producing bricks.
4) Rice husk ash is employed as fine combination in mortar and concrete.
5) Rice husk is employed as fuel in boilers and for power generation.
The dry, fibrous residue remaining when the extraction of juice format he crushed stalks of sugarcane is named as pulp.
Uses of bagasse :
1) it’s used for creating ironed building boards.
2) it’s used for producing natural philosophy tiles.
3) Pulp ash is employed as replacement for fine aggregates.
4) Pulp ash is employed for producing bricks.
Properties of fiber fibers :
1) They need tenuity.
2) They need high specific strength to weight quantitative relation.
3) they’re non-toxic
4) they’re bio-degradable.
Uses of fiber fibers :
1) They’re utilized in floor mats, brushes, mattresses, floor tiles and sacking.
2) They’re used for insulation and packing.
3) They’re used for producing rope.
4) They’re additionally used for creating fishing nets.
5) They’re used for creating geo-textiles.
The dry stalks of cereal plants, when the grain and chaff are removed ar known as as straw.
Properties of straw :
1) Straw has glorious thermal insulation property.
2) Straw has glorious sound insulation property.
3) Straw is inherently inflammable.
4) Straw has low compressive and flexural strength and stiffness.
Uses of straw :
1) Straw is employed to create straw bale homes.
2) Straw ash is employed for producing bricks.
3) Straw ash is employed for producing lightweight weight mortar and concrete.
4) Straw is employed for creating pad and packing materials.
Coconut and betel nut Tree
Properties of coconut trunks :
1) They possesses smart strength
2) Moderately sturdy
3) Smart thermal insulating properties
4) They’re bio degradable
Uses of coconut and feather palm tree trunks :
1) They’re used as pillars, trusses, ceiling joists and horizontal studs.
1) They’re appropriate for general structural functions, like furnishings, window and doorframes, floors etc.
3) They’re used for panel, internal trim and ceilings yet as home-wares.
4) They’re additionally used for creating interior style materials.
Uses of coconut leaves :
1) Coconut leaves are plaited and used for thatching homes and sheds in rural areas.
2) Plaited coconut leaves are used for creating baskets, headgears and for erection of temporary fences.
3) Midribs of leaves are accustomed create brooms of various sorts.
4) Coconut leaves are accustomed create paper pulp, hats and mats, fruit trays etc.
Ans. ash is that the residue from the combustion of powdery coal collected by mechanical or electricity separators from the flue gases or power plants.
Properties of fly ash :
1) Ash possesses pozzolanic property.
2) Ash particles are nearly wholly spherical in form.
3) The ‘Ball-bearing’ result of ash particles creates a lubricating action once concrete is in its plastic state.
4) Future pozzolanic action of ash decreases permeableness of concrete.
5) Lubricating action of ash reduces water content & drying shrinkage of concrete.
Uses of fly ash :
1) it’s used as structural fills in embankments, dams, dikes and levees.
2) it’s used as sub-base and base courses in road manner construction.
3) it’s used for producing bricks.
4) it’s utilized in the shape of fine combination for concrete and mortar.
5) it’s used as land fill for land reclamations for residential, business and recreational development comes.
6) it’s used for manufacturing lightweight weight refractory material and exotic heat resistant tiles.
Objectives of fly ash :
Following are the most objectives of victimization ash in concrete are to realize one or a lot of the subsequent benefits:
1) It improves the workability.
2) Ash reduces the cement content that reduces prices.
3) It reduces heat of association, particularly in mass concerting.
Blast Furnace Slag
Blast furnace scoria could be a by-product obtained whereas smelting ore in furnace.
Properties of furnace slag :
1) It possesses cementations property.
2) Its gently alkalic.
3) It contains alittle element of elemental sulphur.
4) Its high water absorption price.
Uses of furnace slag :
1) it’s used for producing aggregates.
2) it’s utilized in the producing lightweight weight concrete.
3) it’s utilized in the producing of cement.
4) it’s utilized in road bases.
Granite and marble sharpening Waste
Properties of granite and marble sharpening waste :
1) Smart strength
2) Wet resistance
3) High density
4) Possesses cementation properties
Uses of granite and marble sharpening waste:
1) it’s used as aggregates in mortar and concrete.
2) it’s utilized in the producing of bricks.
3) it’s used for producing artificial stones.
4) it’s used for producing paving blocks.
Types of construction wastes
1) Picket sheet materials
5) Wood trims
6) Card board & boxes
7) Plastic sheets
8) Brick dotty
9) Saw mud
Uses of construction waste:
1) Waste generated from the development ought to be recycled and reused.
2) Waste from the timber, like saw mud will be used for creating lightweight weight concrete.
3) The items of bricks, hardened mortar and concrete will be utilized in the producing of concrete blocks.
4) Metal and plastic items ought to be recycled and sent to metal & plastic industries for producing of latest product.
Properties of plastics :
1) Its low thermal physical phenomenon.
2) It will be moulded to any desired form or size.
3) Its high tensile and compressive strengths.
4) Its high strength to weight quantitative relation.
Uses of plastics :
1) it’s used as a substitute of glass for doors and windows.
2) it’s used for insulation of electrical cables, lightweight fittings, hand rails etc.
3) it’s used for producing of electrical equipment’s, icebox elements, food containers etc.
A compound could be a compound or mixture of compounds consisting of continuance structural units created through a method of polymerisation.
Properties of polymer :
1) Polymers amendment dramatically with temperature.
2) Polymers are lightweight in weight with vital degrees of strength.
3) Polymers have smart corrosion resistance.
4) Polymers have poor durability.
5) Polymers have low constant of friction.
6) Polymers have smart mould ability.
Uses of polymers :
1) Polymers are used for insulation and packing’s.
2) Polymers are used for protective covering panels, sinks, surfaces, coatings.
3) Polymers are used as glazing sealants.
4) Polymers are used for creating compound concrete.
Properties of rubber waste:
1) Smart snap property.
2) Smart insulating properties.
3) Water resistance.
4) Glorious waterproofing properties.
5) High compressive strength.
Uses of rubber waste :
1) Rubber waste will be utilized in cement mortar to create compound mortar and improve its bonding and water proofing qualities.
2) It will be utilized in concrete for creating compound concrete.
3) It will be used for producing rubber tiles for rubber floors.